How to Become a Foster Carer?
When it comes to fostering, FFI values diversity. We believe that it is your personal qualities that count. There are a number of minimum requirements that should be met before you move forward to foster but each person is different so please do get in touch before assuming you won’t be eligible!
Become a Foster Carer in Ireland.
You do not need to be married to foster, or in a couple, or straight and you do not have to own your home.
Our carers come from all sorts of backgrounds. However, there are a few essential requirements that you will need to have to become a foster carer in Ireland:
- You must be over the age of 25
- You need a spare bedroom
- You need a full driving licence
- You must have flexibility in your working arrangements
- If you are fostering as a couple, you will need to have been together for three years and living together for at least one year
- If you have children, your youngest child must be at least three years old.
If you would like to see if you are eligible to foster please get in touch now. Fill out our enquiry form across or the questionaire below.
Watch this video of our fostering advisor, Jess, she explains how to become a foster carer. Jess will bring you through your enquiry journey and ensure that you make the right decision for you and your family.