Vacancy – FFI Director
Fostering First Ireland are recruiting the following position:
Director – Full Time (Permanent)
Are you a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated leader who can both work independently and collaboratively within an organisation and is committed to best practice? This role offers the opportunity to work within a global company providing high quality and safe services in an environment that supports continuous improvement, learning and innovation. If you want to be part of a global organisation that is making a difference and changing lives, FFI may be the place for you.
Working from Grantham House, Dublin 8 you will be offered some flexibility for home working. Salary is commensurate with experience, private health insurance, private pension contribution, generous Annual Leave entitlement.
About Fostering First Ireland:
Fostering First Ireland is a leading national independent fostering agency that is part of the international Key Assets Group. The role offers the opportunity to work within a global company providing high quality and safe services in an environment that supports continuous improvement, learning and innovation.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Manage, develop, promote and oversee the delivery of a range of services within Fostering First Ireland
- Develop a local area growth plan which maintains and improves FFI position as a leading children’s services provider.
- Ensure effective operation of a national children’s service that meets requirements in terms of range and quality to meet the needs of children and young people.
- Hold operational oversight for the delivery of all activities including delegated responsibility for staff, finances and other resources associated with the Director’s area of responsibility.
- Effectively manage key staff as appropriate.
- Develop new opportunities for growth and service development as they arise.
- Effectively engage with all stakeholders and ensure service provision is in line with their needs.
- Develop excellent partnerships with Tusla (Child & Family Agency) and the HSE (Health Services Executive).
- Contribute effectively as a member of the Leadership Team for Key Assets Ireland
Personal Attributes & Requirements
- Effective in the management of business operations including performance management
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Effective in the ability to develop and implement strategic change
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity and work to quality standards
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to make decisions, act on own initiative and be a creative problem solver
- Ability to create a positive working environment where people have the opportunity to reach their potential
- Work with flexibility and adaptability at all times
- Committed to best practice and be innovative and open to change
- You must have a full, clean driving licence. This role may involve occasional overnight stays away from home and also involves some travel.
- Hold a degree or an equivalent or higher level of qualification in social work (registered with CORU) or other behavioural science
- Hold an advanced professional qualification relating to management desirable
- Experience of working in fostering is desirable but not essential
- Substantial experience of working as a senior manager in a social work or similar or related setting with young people experiencing significant social disadvantage
- Experience of working directly with senior staff in other organisations
- Experience of working at a management level in a target, outcome driven service delivery environment
- Experience of managing within a complex organisational setting and involving at least the leadership of a team and the management of financial and other resources
- Experience of managing risk and compliance within an agency with reference to legislation, guidance and policy and procedures
- To be able to evidence an understanding of the use of IT and Electronic communications including Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
Fostering First Ireland offers the following benefits to its employees:
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Minimum 25 days Annual Leave rising to 30 days
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group Health Insurance Scheme (after 1 year)
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
For further information on Fostering First Ireland visit www.fosteringfirstireland.ie or for an informal discussion please contact Marie Faughey on 087 9790135.
Please see our full Job Description and Person Specification attached below.
To be considered for this role, you must submit a cover letter summarising your suitability for this role and complete our application form in full.
Please note shortlisting of applicants will apply
Closing date for receipt of applications is the 7th of August 2022 .
Please email completed application forms along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note, interviews will take place the week of the 15th of August **