Self Employed Sessional Social Care Workers – Nationwide
Fostering First Ireland (FFI) is a leading independent fostering agency working in partnership with the Child and Family Agency (Tusla) in Ireland. Since being founded in May 2005, we have developed a reputation for providing carefully matched and well supported foster placements.
Our purpose is to achieve positive and lasting outcomes for children, families, and communities. We will achieve our purpose by positively impacting the lives of children, young people, their families and carers through quality services and expert advice designed to provide support, build communities, improve skills, develop relationships, and strengthen resilience.
Key to what we do is our culture and core values of
- Recognising everybody counts and is accountable
- Providing high quality and safe services
- Achieving excellence through continuous improvement
- Cultivating knowledge, innovation, and learning
FFI wish to make the following appointment: Self Employed Sessional Social Care Workers
We wish to recruit a panel of suitably experienced and qualified Social Care Workers to work with us on a sessional (as and when required) basis nationwide. You will undertake direct work with the children and young people placed with our foster carers. The work is varied and includes carrying out individual and group work, life story work, and supervising family access.
We offer competitive hourly rates, mileage allowance, and comprehensive support.
Applicants for these positions will not be considered unless they possess:
- A recognised qualification (Minimum Level 7) in Social Care, Youth Work or equivalent.
- Experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant field.
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours – including weekends.
- The ability to build positive relationships with children and young people.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A full, clean driving license and use of a comprehensively insured vehicle. You will also need to provide Fostering First Ireland with a Letter of Indemnity from your motor insurance company.
For applicants information these sessional positions are on an ‘as and when required basis’.
Please note shortlisting will apply based on the application form only.
For further information on Fostering First Ireland please visit www.fosteringfirstireland.ie or for an informal discussion please contact Aideen O’ Brien, Children’s Services Manager on 086 0416311 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday the 26th of October at 5pm.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams in early November.