Can I Transfer From Another Fostering Agency to FFI?
Yes. Although its a big decision to make, we will give you all of the help you need and make everything as easy as possible.
Move to FFI and we will give you:
- Training whatever your experience
- 24/7 support access to a range of fostering professionals around the clock
- Peer support there are monthly carer groups and regular family activities to facilitate contact with other carers who can offer advice and support
- Extended support network through a team of multidisciplinary professionals such as therapists, education officers, social workers and child care support workers
- Carer Consultation Group lets you have input into how FFI operates
- Experience FFI has been in operation since 2005 and has helped hundreds of children
- Respite with up to 10 paid supportive respite days per year
- Membership of Irish Foster Carer Association paid for all FFI carers annually
The first thing that we will need is your consent to ask your current agency for a reference. If that is in order, we will request your fostering file from them and then one of our social workers will then arrange to visit you to talk about your experience, training needs and complete health and safety checks, et cetera. We will also need updated Garda vetting and medicals and all of this information is put into a report before a decision on your transfer is made.
Giving you all the support you need so that you, in turn, can give the children in your care all the support they need to live healthy, secure lives. That is our No. 1 priority.