Working for FFI
Key Values and Principles
FFI operates within a framework of fairness, openness, integrity and accountability, and expects the same of those providing services for the agency.
We work hard to ensure that all policies and practices are in line with relevant legislative, regulatory and good practice requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that:
- All staff and foster carers are aware of and understand our commitment to equality of opportunity and their responsibilities in relation to this. We provide training and guidance for staff and foster carers in this area.
- Our workforce has the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide high quality services within a clear framework of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Our services are responsive, accessible, sensitive and appropriate to those who need them.
- Our recruitment, support and training of foster carers reflects our commitment to meeting the diverse ethnic, racial, cultural, linguistic and religious needs of children and young people, alongside any needs relating to disability, gender, religion or sexuality orientation.
- Staff, foster carers, children and young people are encouraged to get involved with the development and implementation of our policies, procedures and practices.
Working with FFI
FFI value all staff and we are committed to helping them reach their full potential. We offer generous salaries, extensive training opportunities and additional staff benefits.
We provide staff with whatever is needed to succeed in their role from the day you join our team and throughout your career.
FFI offer a range of training opportunities including specialist training relevant to your role. We also provide courses based on individual needs.
We encourage staff development and give our employees the chance to progress within and across departments.
Throughout your time with us, you will have on-going professional development, an annual performance review and be encouraged to take ownership of your learning needs and be proactive in identifying solutions.
We advertise all FFI job opportunities on the”Key Assets Group” website, so please visit “Key Assets Jobs” to see our current vacancies
Equality and Diversity
We take an inclusive approach to recruitment and are proud to employ a diverse workforce from a wide range of backgrounds.
We are fully committed to promoting equal opportunities in everything we do and are a member of the Top 100 Companies for LGBT employees.
No prospective or existing FFI employee will be subject to any form of discrimination on the grounds of:
- Marital status
- Ethnic origin
- Religious beliefs
- Sexual orientation
- Political beliefs or opinion
- First language
- Trade union membership/non-membership and involvement in trade union activities
- Caring responsibilities
We prepare job descriptions and person specifications for every vacancy and advertise job openings via internal and external advertising. We also offer transfer opportunities for existing staff within the Key Assets Group. Applicants are short-listed against the person specification and selection decisions are made on the basis of merit.
Benefits for Permanent Employees
When you join our team on a permanent basis, you will receive the following benefits as part of the terms & conditions of your employment. These include:
A contributory pension scheme is in place for all permanently contracted employees after a successful probationary period. We contribute 5% and employee contribution is voluntary.
All employees receive 25 days annual leave rising to 28 days after one year’s service in the next leave year, and 30 days after three year’s continuous service, plus bank holidays. Employees are requested to reserve some of their annual leave to accommodate the company’s closure during the Christmas period.
All employees are entitled to four weeks full pay whilst in their probationary period. Thereafter, it will increase to 12 weeks full pay.
A duvet day can be accumulated if an employee does not have any sick leave in a 6 month period.
Private Medical Insurance
All employees are offered private health insurance after one years’ service with the company.
Death in Service
In the event of the employee’s death, the nominated beneficiary will receive twice the employee’s annual salary.
Other Terms and Conditions of Employment
- A probationary period of six months applies for all employees.
- Appointments and start dates will only be confirmed after satisfactory Garda vetting, references and health clearances have been received.
- Working hours are 35 hours per week for all posts, 9.00am-5.00pm with one unpaid hour for lunch (actual hours may differ due to the nature of the business, therefore flexibility and additional time may be required).
- During the probationary period, one month’s notice is required on either side as termination notice, thereafter contractual requirements apply.
- The Key Assets Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such its policies, procedures and practices governing recruitment and employment adhere to this.
Please click for a full list of our current vacancies.