Link Social Worker (Maternity Cover) Athlone/Roscommon Area
Fostering First Ireland (FFI) is a leading independent fostering agency working in partnership with the Child and Family Agency (Tusla) in Ireland. Since being founded in May 2005, we have developed a reputation for providing fully compliant, carefully matched and well supported foster placements. This means that, with the support of our fully qualified and experienced staff, our foster carers can meet the needs of the children and young people in their care.
If you want to be part of a global company that is making a difference and changing lives, FFI may be the place for you.
We wish to make the following appointment:
Link Social Worker Home Based Athlone / Roscommon Area
(Initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Leave Cover)
(The successful applicants must be living in the named area or be willing to relocate)
**Salary commensurate with experience**
- You will be responsible for working directly with foster carers, supporting them and supervising their practice whilst providing individual help and advice.
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative, a creative problem solver and you will share your experience with a multi-disciplinary team of committed staff.
- You must have a recognised social work qualification (NQSW or equivalent) and have current CORU registration.
- This post may involve occasional overnight stays away from home and also involves extensive local travel.
- You are required to live in the area mentioned above.
- You must have good organisational, IT and paperwork management skills.
- You must have a full, clean driving licence.
For further information on Fostering First Ireland or an informal discussion please contact Oonagh Honeyman, Team Manager at 087 1779847.
Closing date for receipt of applications is the 18h of December 2019.
Please email completed application forms and your CV to email@example.com