Link Social Worker (Maternity Cover)
Link Social Worker – Full Time – Home based
(Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Leave Cover)
Flexible working, salary commensurate with experience.
You are required to live in the following general geographical area to allow easy access to the case load: New Ross, Waterford City, Clonmel
Fostering First Ireland is a leading national independent fostering agency that is part of the international Key Assets Group. The role offers the opportunity to work within a global company providing high quality and safe services in an environment that supports continuous improvement, learning and innovation.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated Link Social Worker who can both work independently and collaboratively within an organisation committed to best practice. If you want to be part of a global organisation that is making a difference and changing lives, FFI may be the place for you.
- You will be responsible for working directly with foster carers, supporting them and supervising their practice whilst providing individual help and advice.
- To facilitate monthly carer groups as well as the delivery of core training modules
- To monitor and review carer competence ensuring the provision of quality foster placements to meet the needs of children and young people
- To work collaboratively with the placements team and assisting in the identification and matching of a suitable placement
Personal Attributes & Requirements
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative and a creative problem solver
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work on own initiative and in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- Committed to best practice and be innovative and open to change
- You must have a full, clean driving licence.
- You must have good organisational, IT and paperwork management skills.
- Your case load will cover the New Ross, Waterford City, Clonmel areas and can be subject to change, within that area, as agency needs arise.
- You are required to live in the geographical area to ensure greatest availability to the foster carers in the surrounding counties.
- This role may involve occasional overnight stays away from home and also involves extensive local travel.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working in fostering desirable but not essential
- You must have a recognised social work qualification (NQSW or equivalent) and have current CORU registration.
For further information on Fostering First Ireland please our website or for an informal discussion please contact Elaine O’Byrne after the 3rd of January on 087 3963389 or email@example.com
Please see our full Job Description and Person Specification attached.
To be considered for this role, you must complete our application form in full.
Closing date for receipt of applications is the 20th January 2023.
Please email completed application forms along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note shortlisting of applicants will apply.